Level of Development (LOD) for BIM
Usage of BIM foresees primary visualization of a building prior to its actual physical construction and supports in clash detection at the preliminary stage, detecting the precise location of discrepancies thereby reducing delays, errors and subsequent wastage.
It aids architects to scrutinize several building factors like spatial relationships, Building geometry, Lighting analysis, Building properties and Geographic information. BIM facilitates subcontractors to collaborate effectively through conflict or ‘clash detection’ among architectural, structural and MEP components and develop an integrated 3D model.
We deliver LOD for different levels as stated by AIA:
- LOD 100 : We provide conceptual drawings or models, where parameters like area, height, volume, location and orientation are well defined.
- LOD 200 : We provide energy modeling through LOD 200, especially beneficial for architects and designers for cost-efficiency and energy saving. We generate 3D models where elements are included with approximate quantities, size, shape, location and orientation.
- LOD 300 : We provide accurate shop drawings where elements are defined with specific assemblies, precise quantity, size, shape, location and orientation. Our clients across UK, USA, Europe, Australia and Middle East, profoundly rely on coordination model/preliminary model created of the input we give.
- LOD 350 : We deliver LOD 350 models with details and elements that represent how building elements interact and interface with various systems and other building elements through graphics and written definitions.
- LOD 400 : We model elements as specific assemblies, with complete fabrication, and detailing information in addition to precise quantity, size, shape, location and orientation. We also attach non - geometric information to the model elements. We provide fabrication/shop drawings in PDF format and also represent LOD 400 model for coordination & fabrication purposes.
- LOD 500 : We model elements as constructed assemblies for Maintenance and operations. In addition to actual and accurate in size, shape, location, quantity, and orientation, non-geometric information is attached to modeled elements. Our LOD 500 as-built models show the existing conditions, and As built schedules as per client’s request. We provide As built drawings in pdf format.
Our BIM experts adapt to Level of Development (LOD - 100 to 500) with explicit state of clarity and dependability. These advancement models are reason worked for different phases of configuration, design, 3D visualization, construction-caliber quantities, scheduling, estimations, on-site production control and fabrication.
Related Case Studies